T3h Summer Workout

ich bin ein berliner

I am starting a freeweight program again that I used during swimming. This will be the best for me since I am working at a moving company (move offices, industry and houses). Since my job could already be constituted as a workout the whole day, it still falls short of requirements for gaining a solid muscle base. Different objects that i carry depend on weight and lenth of carrying, it could be akward, not making for a very even workout. Even though moving is tiring, I can supplement that exercise with a solid freeweight workout.

Freeweights help develop supporting muscles that arnt usually worked out (or as much) using machines or bars. This is crucial for me to develop every muscles that is possible because of the uneveness of the workout while at work.

There will be no diet for me considering after I work and then work out, I am definatly going to want to go out and drink, heck im 22, I should be enjoying myself. There will be every attempt not to eat much at night and not to drink excessivly.

I am also not looking to lose or gain weight, come what may. Theres a good part in American Beauty that i'll use:

Lester Burnham: I figured you guys might be able to give me some pointers. I need to shape up. Fast.

Jim Olmeyer: Are you just looking to lose weight, or do you want increased strength and flexibility as well?

Lester Burnham: I want to look good naked!

Simple to the point, although, its not being naked, just look decent in a swim suit. Its summer, I'm done with swimming so I should keep myself occupied doing something.

I just finished day 3, I will post my workout and major pitfalls soon. Pictures hopefully will come too.

I will join you, want to do a day by day log like zest or maybe just week by week? I keep falling off of lifting plans and stuff like that, need to get my butt in gear

day 1 5/27/06

circuit workout, each exercise is done of 10 reps, proceeding to the next, the cirucit is done twice. two minute rest inbetween the circuit.

each weight is one dumbell, so if 25 lbs is recorded, im using 2, 25 lb dumbells

Circuit:

dumbell incline bench: 26 lbs

bentover row: 40 lbs

plate raise: 20 lbs

inverted row: 10 lbs

dumbell bench: 40 lbs first round, 30 2nd

bicep curls: 2 sets of 12 reps with 1 min rest

Assorted Ab Workout: 15 mins

day 2 5/29/06

Circuit:

all excercises done at 20 lbs

dumbell shoulder press

dumbell bow and arrow

push ups: 10 reps

Bent Over Row: 20 lbs x 10 reps x 2 sets

Skull Crushers: with curl bar, combined weight without bar: 30 lbs 3 sets of 10 reps

Assorted Ab Workout

Drinking for the night, 9 beers in one sitting thats over 1000 calories at night... not so well.

Day 3 5/30/06

Work: Unloaded 22,000 lbs for a house move followed by loading 6,000 lbs

no weightlifting will be done today or 5/31, lots of protien and hydration, going to watch sabres in OT now...