New Stereo

anonymo

Just dropped an Alpine 9857 into my car and boy does it totally lick the factory headunit! I left the factory speakers in because they aren't all that bad and I figure I might as well blow them before throwing in new ones. I would have put in the Sub and Amp but the JL dealer is too busy right now, hopefully I'll have it in by FF so you'll hear feel me coming!

I don't have a digicam but I'll find one and post some pics if there's interest.

Btw the full speed iPod controls on the headunit are shweeeet!

*Update* Still no pics but I just went out and bought these Alpine Speakers for the rear of my car (6x9) and installed them myself. I don't think I'll be doing that ever again!!! Pulling the panels off the back of my car was easy, getting them back on again was IMPOSSIBLE!!! But I managed to get them on (broke acouple of clips but it seems to be ok...) So yeah, they pound which is nice!! The also look really nice, and I did a good job of slicing up my rear dash so they would poke through the carpeting...lost the functionality of my child seat seatbelt but I don't plan on transporting too many kiddies anytime soon lol...I also haven't soldered the wiring, it's just twisted and taped back there, but the connections are easy to access through the trunk so I can get that done later...I'm thinking of buying a digicam before FF so I'll take the pics then...

Yep.. nothing beats the feeling u get when u look down at ur new hu :boing:

So I'm guessing ur going with w7's right?

What kinda amp u planning to use?

And what car do u have?

Yah.. i have 2 12" infinity kappa perfects, in a 30hz ported box with a hifonics brutus amp, and a car lined with dynamat :D

Not the best of the best mind u.. but i've set off some car alarms ;)

Haven't gotten it in my stang yet.. but idk if i wanna go the audio route with this one

Oh.. have u ever heard the adire brahmas? my friend has a set.. and those are just ridiculous :freak3:

If your ears aren't bleeding, you're just not bumpin :wiggle2:

So I'm guessing ur going with w7's right?

What kinda amp u planning to use?

And what car do u have?

Yah.. i have 2 12" infinity kappa perfects, in a 30hz ported box with a hifonics brutus amp, and a car lined with dynamat :D

Not the best of the best mind u.. but i've set off some car alarms ;)

Haven't gotten it in my stang yet.. but idk if i wanna go the audio route with this one

Oh.. have u ever heard the adire brahmas? my friend has a set.. and those are just ridiculous :freak3:

If your ears aren't bleeding, you're just not bumpin :wiggle2:

GOrnEy poo...I have links to the sub/amp in my post. Its in an o4 Sunfire...so I figure any more and I will shake my interior to pieces. And the adire brahmas would just explode my car to smitherines, not to mention any chance of hearing anything ever again. I've gone to too many "events" and sat beside too many 10' bassbins to go there. 500W Max! :biglaugha:

I'm thinking of just buying the amp and sub online and putting them in myself...need a box tho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
the w7's kick...

Yeah...I'm becoming apprehensive about putting one in my car...the Alpine 6x9's I put in shake my rear windsheild quite a bit (unamplified at that), I'm afraid I'd blow it out with a W7...

• 1 month later...

nah bro, you wouldn't blow out your rear window depending on what you are running it at. if you have any questions about setting things up or what to go with just call me 708 769 2090 ask for anthony