physx

discom

(edited)

Check out these vids. They're physics tech demos that really impressed me... and also look at the cellfactor game vid

EDIT: ok, i took that out.. but i was just trying to be polite. i wasnt trying to command anyone lol

Edited by discombobulated

If this topic should be somewhere else, move it

Easy there bucko...no issuing commands to the mods!

Pray that the mods will show mercy and allow you to keep your account...oh great GC mods! Have mercy on disco...he knows not what he shuffles/slides...

*does the point to the stars*

Meh. I don't think Ageia's PPU will last long.

When games are optimized for dual core processors they could have one do all physics (I wish).

ATI also has their GPU physics solution which looks just as good, if not better, than what Ageia's card can do. They claim it can deliver upto nine times the performance of the PhysX. ATI's solution also uses Havok physics, which is much more widely known and reputable than PhysX. You can use as low as a X1600 card, the X1600 at MOST costs 1/2 as much as the PhysX.

I downloaded the Cellfactor one the other day. The blood looks like pudding, it doesn't fall through cracks, I saw tons of stuttering with the player controlling physics or the jeep that was driving around.

I did find the plane thing flying through the cloth banner pretty cool though.