Banned

Ivona

0:1:93429

Not much to say, was joking with a couple people in recrud and said that "I suck at knifing, but it would have been lame of me to shoot the guy."

Admin says no more you cant say that etc, I questioned and got banned

thanks

Not much to say, was joking with a couple people in recrud and said that "I suck at knifing, but it would have been lame of me to shoot the guy."

thanks

If only that were the whole story.

However, first, you said it. Then others said it. Then I announced to everyone that they should keep their language clean. Then you said it again, and so did others, and you told me to, "grow up". Then I kicked you. Then you came back and questioned me further, asked "how is it swearing" (which is not at all the point), and then told me to "grow up" again. I then told you to take it to the forums and banned you for a few minutes while you did so.

If you've played on GC servers before you have no excuse for not knowing the rules. If you look at the MOTD, or any of the banners posted around every map, you have no excuse for not knowing the rules. You should know what kind of language is appropriate in GC servers, joking or not.

Nonetheless, not only did you break one rule and get admonished for it, you pressed the issue as if it's not only your right to flaunt the rules, but also to harrass the admin who attempts to enforce them. My job is to keep gameplay moving in an environment according to GC standards. You were interfering with that. Time for a break.

Warn, warn, kick, ban -- more than fair warning IMO, but I'll happily be corrected if GC LAs disagree with my implementation.

-- Bothrops

(edited)

thanks

If only that were the whole story.

However, first, you said it. Then others said it. Then I announced to everyone that they should keep their language clean. Then you said it again, and so did others, and you told me to, "grow up". Then I kicked you. Then you came back and questioned me further, asked "how is it swearing" (which is not at all the point), and then told me to "grow up" again. I then told you to take it to the forums and banned you for a few minutes while you did so.

-- Bothrops

The only reason I'm posting here is because I was on at the time. First off when IV and I think cky typed the word lame it honestly didn't jump out at me as a GC NO NO because it wasn't directed towards anyone in a malicious mannor. Even after I saw a generic admin warning saying keep the server clean/watch the language I thought it was from someone saying something else. So I proceeded to type to IV "4 your never lame in my book." Which was quite funny at the time because of an inside joke. At this point I believe you typed another admin message saying something about language again and you wouldn't hesitate to ban/kick everyone playing. (something to that effect) I was taken back by the hostility and threats in the admin chat and I'm sure IV was too. IV being a very big jerkface told you to grow up. Which was completely and utterly uncalled for. (Did I mention I hate him?) <3 Anyways he should have respected the authority at hand. But he lost his cool and kept questioning you about the word lame. Then proceeded to tell you to grow up a second time. Then you kicked him. He then immediately came back on and me being on the other team I didn't see what he typed to you in teamchat. He was then banned. I asked what he got banned for and he said he came back on and asked you why if lame was a curse word why isn't it filtered out? Am I wrong on this Bothdrops? Not that it makes any difference whatsoever. It's over and done with.

Let me just throw up a some constructive critisism if I may. It would have made things a whole lot clearer if Bothdrops would have typed IV, the word lame is not allowed here. Please don't type it again. I honestly think things would have ended there. There are words like frick that are GC NO NO's that I bet most regs didn't know were kick/bannable words. It just makes things clearer when we know right off the bat who the admin is refering to.

Edited by simkiller

Let me clarify:

My announcements, including the threat to kick several of you, were an attempt to curtail the propagation of inappropriate language. I said several times it needed to stop, and IV was not the only one saying it. As I recall, at least 4 different people were carrying on with the "lame" theme.

IV was banned for his confrontational attitude and how he insisted on trying to handle his complaint.

I have no intention on debating the rules during gameplay.

-- Bothrops

Bothdrops if you wouldn't mind rereading my post it might help in future kicks/bannings.

Let me clarify:

My announcements, including the threat to kick several of you, were an attempt to curtail the propagation of inappropriate language. I said several times it needed to stop, and IV was not the only one saying it. As I recall, at least 4 different people were carrying on with the "lame" theme.

IV was banned for his confrontational attitude and how he insisted on trying to handle his complaint.

I have no intention on debating the rules during gameplay.

-- Bothrops

None of us "regulars" honestly knew what the threats were reffering to until your final "I won't hesitate to kick/ban all of you if I have to." announcment. Is it so hard to type out exactly what the infraction is so the person and everyone on the server is aware of what is being done wrong?

Honestly, I found it humorous at first that an admin would get confrontational over a couple people joking and using the word lame, and then actually get hostile over it.

I did question you, and I did tell you to grow up because I wanted to. I don't know what else to say, I honestly find it childish that you would get so worked up over people using the word lame in a joking, non malicious manner.

I completely accept and understand the gc rules and their no swearing policies and such, and I know I'm supposed to bow down as soon as a gc admin speaks, but I felt in this case that the admin was just being rediculous.

I completely accept and understand the gc rules and their no swearing policies and such, and I know I'm supposed to bow down as soon as a gc admin speaks, but I felt in this case that the admin was just being rediculous.

I see. You completely accept the gc rules, except when you don't feel like it.

I'm speechless.

-- Bothrops

Ivona, it's quite simple that that particular word is not acceptable. No matter how ridiculous you find it, or how childish you feel the admin is being by enforcing it.

You may try again later to be unbanned. But this is closed.

UPDATE: I got a pm from the banning admin that this was a temporary ban. I've converted it to a permanent ban. You do not tell an admin to grow up in server and argue the rules, then come here and try to justify it. It's simply not permitted.