CSS crashing on redirect

Guest Careful Aim

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

Hello,

It's been happening for a few days. It's actually not a big deal, but I thought I'd let you know: if I attempt to connect to a server that is full (>=22 players) CSS crashes. I thought it was just me, but someone else mentioned it happened to them.

I suspect that some change in Source is incompatible with whatever you are using for the redirects.

It's actually not that bad because frankly I personally prefer to get bounced :spin2: rather than redirected.

Thanks,

Josh

Hmm.. the problem is.. there's no IP to redirect to in the leadadmin.cfg.. I wonder if john just messsed up again or forgot to put it in.. I'll fix it when i get home

I'm also getting this crashing problem. I brought it up thinking it was my pc overheating or just acting strangely and Careful Aim said he'd posted the problem in the forums. After enough of these CSS crashes my pc seems to kill itself so I keep having to pull the power and let my memory clear so there aren't problems when it's turned back on.

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

It's still happening, BTW.

looking into it.

1. does this happen when you're being redirected after already connecting? (eg you take spot #22 play for a minute, a .gc comes in, you get redirected)

2. does this happen everytime you're redirected?

1. It would actually be the #23 spot because it happens when 22 people are in the server. The game closes immediately upon loading the map, it doesn't act like it switched to a different server because the loading bar doesn't go back to the point where it's loading the map.

2. I've never been successfully redirected, so I'm assuming yes.

squid, there are two types of redirects

1. "sorry sir, all 22 seats are currently full. would you like to try another server?"

2. "here sir, have our last seat. it's #22. oh, btw, if a .gc member comes in, he's going to take your seat. we'll move you to another server, though."

#1 is definitely crashing. what about #2? (lol)

I don't know which method this server uses to redirect, does it check before you're fully loaded before it tries to switch you? or is there a way for the server to redirect you before it's finished loading? Usually when a server redirects me, I see the motd in the server for a split second after it's finished loading, then it brings back up the loading screen to bring me into another server. In this server, it crashes before I can even see the motd and I don't get a chance to see the console log.

rgr that. i've yanked my steam id off the list so i can see what you guys are seeing. we're trying to get it fixed, but there's not an obvious problem with the cfg. i'm already getting a headache.