Speaking of dust...

Guest Careful Aim

Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guest Careful Aim
Guests

Is it possible to loose de_dust in the map rotation?

It is my observation that there is very little variation on this map. It can be interesting if CT is particularly weak, but other than that, it is pretty boring. Here's my analysis of the map:

T's best bet is to rush A every time. CT must also rush A every round, taking care to nade cooridor. All other options for T result in an even worse result. Consider:

If T goes underpass, CT just turns left from their own A rush and starts firing from high ground, or if T's get really far (impossible if there is even an avg CT waiting on the near overpass ledge with an M4) CT's just come up from behind and clean up.

If T delays, CT digs in and chews T up whichever way they go.

Even if CT is weak, the play isn't very interesting. For example, if CT is weak, T delays, and CT rushes in, it's not very interesting for either side when CT gets chewed up.

Because the best play is always the same for both sides each round, I think this map should be taken out.

If I'm wrong in my analysis, I'd really like to know. Thanks in advance if you have a correction.

dust without ptbx = discouraging

dust with ptbx = potentially to usually fun, imo.

early on in the day, there are only 4 or 5 maps that will retain traffic. dust, dust2, office, italy, and aztec. if you yank dust, the 4 map rotation starts to get boring. if you try to add a map, say compound, to the midday rotation, traffic dies on compound and takes forever to return.

a sort of off topic observation about dust/aztec on .gc servers. persistant and patient leadership (not "come on team, stop camping") works, and it's tons of fun.