Dehumidifiers

Bubblegum Bandit

My new basement has been waterproofed, but when I walked in to the house here a few days ago after a big storm the humidity down there was crazy. I'm pretty sure with a good gutter cleaning (don't think its been done in a year) and a little landscaping to run water away from the house, I'm pretty sure I can cut the majority of the moisture out. However, it is still a basement and will get humid. We were looking at Lowe's today and just had no clue so we figured we'd do a little research before we actually bought one. So what am I looking for?

I did some reading at the store etc, and there are some with built in pumps so you don't have to empty the water bucket, that seems nice. My problem is I'm not sure how big of one I need. The basement is approximately 800-1000 sq ft, and at least initially, it probably has like 70-80% humidity (that's totally a guess though). Anybody got anything?

I hooked a garden hose up to the bucket and ran the hose 6 ft to the drain. Worked like a charm although I did get a little dirt/dust/ice build up. I just turned it off for a day and cleaned it up.