A moment's pause

Chief

Every day I wake up and read the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and browse the BBC. I subscribe to a few other magazines as well and feel it is one of my responsibilities to be informed. So going a weekend without even thinking about the news or getting online is rare for me. Let's just say I had a real blast meeting everyone and playing games.

Then I came home and started trying to get caught up. Headlines like this sobered me up, and made me take a moment's pause.

Down in the Asylum, Preacher said:

It is quite easy to sit in our air conditioned computer room and dictate how it should or should not be. In a perfect world we would all sit around a table listen to arguments from others, hear reason and shake hands and walk away to our Eutopian Star Trek like soicieties.

So in addition to thanking all the staff, I'd like to take a moment to thank the men and women who allowed us to all travel from afar, sit in an air conditioned room, play games and make new friends.