Hardiplank Blade or Cement Blade

Lunk

So I'm trying to find a saw blade for my Makita 10" Miter Saw to cut some hardiplank trim. Don't really want to spend $50 for a hardiplank blade when a concrete/cement blade will do. But I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Can anyone help me out here?

A regular blade will cut it fine, it might just take a few. I've found deals at Home Depot and Lowes on 2 or 3 cheap blades and just burned em up for that job.

If you have a slide saw, which I do, you can buy the circular saw blades made for Hardi products for less than 20 bucks and use them....they are only 7 1/4 inches, but with a slide saw, it wont matter.

Another word of advise......CLEAN THE SAW ALOT, keep an air hose with a blow gun near by, that crap gets everywhere, and dont let it get wet....if it starts to even sprinkle....move the saw inside or cover it up....that stuff really cakes up on your saw when it gets wet.

I was thinking about that Clue(using several cheap blades) guess the whole idea of sparks shooting at me kind of turned me off to that. :D But I may end up going that route as I don't have a sliding miter saw. Although the 7 1/4 inch blade may do the trick as it's just trim material Im working with. Need to take some measurements.

Now the next question someone wanna bring me a 40 ft ladder to reach the window I need to trim. Or would you rather come hold my legs as I hang out the window to do this work. :D

LOL, I would love to help, but I dont think they will llet me bring the ladder on the plane.

As far as the sparks go, even the blades made for that are gonna spark, its not bad really.

If you're working with material up to about 4 inches, the 7 1/4" blade should work fine, any bigger, you can still do it, just cut it, flip it over and finish the cut.

I usually grab the cheap general purpose blades, 30-something tooth count. The fewer teeth the better, the Hardi blades only have like...6 teeth or something.

Anything will work, but the finish blades with more teeth will just wear much faster.