Recent Changes to Servers - READ ME 4 INFO

Fatty

Originally written by M2 who recently went AWOL. We found this manuscript near his bunk.

Thats right folks, all of our current CS:S servers player slots have been lowered. We changed them to 18 players max, with 3 reserve slots for GC members.

Why was this done you ask?

Promotes teamplay

It is easier to get a team of 9 playing together than it is a team of 11.

Makes servers feel more like home

With less public spots it will keep GC playing with GC more than before. The perfect place would be a server full of GC where we could play with no reasons to admin....this is closer to that. This is THE highest priority for the change. The atmosphere is more pleasant when the % of players with admins is higher.

Less crowded

We know some people enjoy tons of frags and tons of people in the server, but we also know were not the only one's who hate it when you bump into people when trying to rush or being blocked.

Easier to admin

With more GC being in the server and also just less people it will make it easier to admin 7 non regulars than 15 or so.

New Redirection Rotation

We have changed the redirection cycle of the servers. It currently is as follows, Immutable-->Recrud--->Project Mayhem--->GC Deathmatch

For those of you that haven't noticed, let me put a couple more things into summary:

-We have changed providers. There are some kinks to work out, of course, but we're pleased with things.

-You don't have to memorize IPs for our servers ever again. See here for alias assignments.

-We are slowly working our way back to the configs that we know and love. If you think a setting is still of somewhere, please tactfully post up about it.

Thank you for your patience during our transition.

I just don't understand it, Fatty. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

There was constant complaining about rubberbanding and lag spikes- it may not have been "broken," but it wasn't perfect.

I just don't understand it, Fatty. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

There was constant complaining about rubberbanding and lag spikes- it may not have been "broken," but it wasn't perfect.

Not true, I wasn't getting it, and problems like that don't pop up suddenly like that. Something was changed, either server, client, or ISP-end.

Not true, I wasn't getting it, and problems like that don't pop up suddenly like that. Something was changed, either server, client, or ISP-end.

no, very true. right before the switch, i'd get flooded with comments about rubberbands on a2g. you don't remember seeing that in .gc chat?

regardless, that decision is behind us, the consequences (good or bad) are in front of us. lets work with that.