CSS options won't save - how about for you?

emptyd

Am I the only one for whom CSS options won't save? I try to change my in game name, my cross hair color or size... most any of the options and when I restart CSS - they've changed back to the previous values. I know I'm an idiot, but somthing seems amiss here. :bang:

Thx in advance for any help...

This might have something to do with your autoexec.cfg, or one of the other ones. If you change your options in game, and then leave, and then the next time you start your autoexec goes, it will overwrite the changes you made the last time you played...I think.

:erm:

Check your config file. You might have to uncheck 'read only', fix it, and then re-check it.

what he said..... anything you change in that file and click read only it will stay that way

in game name change will resort back to whatever is in the confg file same with crosshairs

always keep it read only though because some servers out there can change things in your folder if its not read only

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

Check your config file. You might have to uncheck 'read only', fix it, and then re-check it.

some servers out there can change things in your folder if its not read only

I'd also recommend setting the screenshots folder to read only if you plan on pub hopping. I've been on some servers where admins would cexec players and cause them to write hundreds of JPEGs. Demo/avi commands might also be used in a similiar fashion. There's some nasty servers out there.

Edited by ash-

Thanks to all. I was able to change the values in the autoexec.cfg and they took effect in game.

My confusion is this. The file was not read only, but the CFG directory was. I couldn't remove the RO attrib. on the directory no matter what!?!?

I'm not a computer novice (even if it seems like it) so I'm kinda stumped on this directory attrib. issue.

Any how, I got the values changed and it works better.

Thanks again to all.