Need some help

Magruter

I'm writing a reimbursement policy for Reedsburg and i want to put some words in there about they will be provided glasses once a year or on an as needed basis. But i can't think of the right verbiage. Any help? Basically i'm trying to get my point across is not to abuse the program, but still take advantage of it.

The Reedsburg Utility Commission will supply safety glasses to employees on an as needed when the employee can justify a new pair of glasses is warranted, i.e. prescription change, bent frames, scratched lenses, etc. Reedsburg will provide one pair on an annual basis. Reedsburg Utility will pay for single vision, bifocal, and trifocal lenses. Progressive Lenses can be ordered, but the employee will be responsible for the additional fee. Polycarbonate lenses only. Employee may select any frame from the Group #1 category at no charge. Any other frames selected will be the responsibility of the employee to pay to additional fee. Transition lenses are covered by the employer. Permanent side shields are required. Dispensing fee will be paid by Reedsburg Utility.

try this:

The Reedsburg Utility Commission will supply safety glasses to employees on an as needed basis.

When justifiable; i.e. prescription change, bent frames, scratched lenses, etc. Reedsburg will provide a new pair. Under normal usage conditions Reedsburg will provide one pair on an annual basis.

Reedsburg Utility will pay for single vision, bifocal, and trifocal lenses. Progressive Lenses can be ordered, but the employee will be responsible for the additional fee. Polycarbonate lenses only.

Employee may select any frame from the Group #1 category at no charge. Any other frames selected will be the responsibility of the employee to pay to additional fee. Transition lenses are covered by the employer. Permanent side shields are required. Dispensing fee will be paid by Reedsburg Utility.

maybe.

The Reedsburg Utility Commission will supply safety glasses to employees on an as needed basis or once per year. When justifiable; i.e. prescription change, bent frames, scratched lenses, etc. Reedsburg will provide a replacement pair. Barring accidental damage or prescription change, Reedsburg will provide one pair on an annual basis. Reedsburg Utility will pay for a single pair of vision, bifocal, or trifocal lenses. Progressive Lenses can be ordered, but the employee will be responsible for the additional fee. Only Polycarbonate lenses may be purchased. Employees may select any frame from the Group #1 category at no charge. Employees are responsible for additional fees if any other frames are selected. Transition lenses are covered by the employer. Permanent side shields are required. A dispensing fee will be paid by Reedsburg Utility.

Consider that

Also, you may want to consider changing "Transition lenses are covered by the employer." to "Transition lenses are covered by Reedsburg Utility." I don't know if that's the case though, so I did not change it.

I might change the order of the paragraph, but I didn't know how much advice you really wanted. :-)

In any case, I'm a professional tech writer if that adds any weight to the suggestion. It's a simple request; just remember to keep it simple. The more simplistic your language, the less you have a chance of a loop-hole.

You may want to consider adding something like: "To replace glasses early due to prescription the employee must provide medical proof of a prescription change. Purposely damaged glasses will be replaced by the employee, but still must conform to safety regulations."

Hope that helps!

Edited by [LaW]Maverick