Burning CD's

TheGeek

I bought some CD's and I have burned about 4 and every single one has been unsuccessful. They always quit in random places.

I have never had this problem until now. I reformatted my computer. So am I missing a critical driver or something? I have a feeling that I wont be able to burn even if I use my other drive.

I bought some CD's and I have burned about 4 and every single one has been unsuccessful. They always quit in random places.

I have never had this problem until now. I reformatted my computer. So am I missing a critical driver or something? I have a feeling that I wont be able to burn even if I use my other drive.

I tried it four times on one drive but didn't bother at all with the other? What program you using and how does it screw up?

I tried it four times on one drive but didn't bother at all with the other? What program you using and how does it screw up?

I used nero and WMP10. And they didn't work. My mobo is really touchy and if I hook up my other drive it WILL give me trouble. So I wasn't to eager to hook it up.

It just gives you an error message somewhere in the middle of it saying the process has failed?

Yeah, I hooked up my other drive and I burned a cd successfully. :( that means my DVD/RW drive just went bad. Too bad that I have only burned 2 DVD's. :bang:

Yeah, I hooked up my other drive and I burned a cd successfully. :( that means my DVD/RW drive just went bad.

Make sure there aren't any new drivers or firmware updates available from the manufacturer of the DVD/RW. Especially after a reformat and fresh install, chances are you don't have an up-to-date 3rd party driver installed for it, which would lead to your problem.

Yeah, I hooked up my other drive and I burned a cd successfully. :( that means my DVD/RW drive just went bad.

Make sure there aren't any new drivers or firmware updates available from the manufacturer of the DVD/RW. Especially after a reformat and fresh install, chances are you don't have an up-to-date 3rd party driver installed for it, which would lead to your problem.

Thats what I was thinking but the company doesn't give out drivers or give links. So I have to dig.