Painkiller "Special Edition"

TheReverend(c)

Pain killer black and gold have been out for about a year now so when i saw a "Special Edition" version on sale for $10 of course I picked it up. Attempted to install it but but it needed a no cd fix. Downloaded cd fix but it would only load to the start screen. Checked the net for game patches and found a huge 1.61 game patch. Downloaded patch and game was able to load only to option screen. Found 1.62 patch and installed it once again I was able to get a little farther but no joy on the play. Installed 1.63 and 1.64 and was overjoyed to get to a game loading screen.... and then variouse popup screens started to appear stating that this or that model or script wasnt found. I have a bs degree in physics and and a 2 year degree computer repair so I began to wonder if maybe my brain was beginning to burn out on me. As I sat and pondered the issue I decided to look at the cd case once again. To my dismay I noticed in the top left corner a small yellow triangle stating this : "Includes 12 levels from the original game!". !?!?!?!?! AND !?!?!?!.... I was basically playing an extended version of the demo of painkiller. And trying to apply patches and fixes to the demo that were for the full game. Moral of the story folks: If it looks to good to be true than mostly likely it is. :D:D:D and :bang: