Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

Allanon

Anyone else thinking of getting this? I've heard it's a tad buggy but a very nice MMO quite distant from WoW for anyone who wasn't too keen on the cartoony main-stream feel of the game. Though it's a lot more like EverQuest where time is much more of a factor, and corpse-runs can be a pain in the butt. A guild that I played with in EQ is playing and I might get into this, anyone else?

It's too WoWish for my taste.. I was really looking forward to it but after playing the beta.. Too WoWish. :(

If by WoWish you mean you still have to grind for levels yes, but it's actually a little more "hardcore" MMO then WoW, and I loved the diplomacy skills.

I am currently playing this over WoW. It is a bit WoWish, and different than EQ, but it was made to be that way. It has the feel of a lot of mmo's. Consider this the capstone on all of the previous games, this comes along takes the amazing things out of each, and brings it together in an amazing experience.

I have a level 10 Disciple on Florendyl, not for the rp, but because typically you will find more mature players on an rp server and not the kiddies. A big reason for me leaving WoW, is because it is too easy, in reality, anyone in WoW can level up a toon to 70 and still have no idea what they are doing. I guarantee that if someone did that in Vanguard or EQ for that matter, they would be /gkicked in the nuts and sent away to keep their crappy playing to themselves.

Characters (Hooray not called toons, cause they are not cartoons, but realistic looking)

10 Disciple - Skyder Ayloud - Dark Elf - Florendyl

7 Disciple - Skyder - Raki - Woefeather

And I will definately make a character wherever any of yall are playing. Let me know.