Jerky Source players.

Xoul

(edited)

Ok, this has been really irking me to death. Whenever I play, a lot of times there are some REALLY good CS Players, but they're really jerky. I'll be shooting and they'll jerk around. They don't jerk like HUGH distances... just a few steps at a time. They also claim to be using good rates, and that they have "Awesome l33t PCs." I've been noticing it more of late though. And its ALWAYS the top players that do it the most. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Also they have low pings... like anywhere between 5ms=75ms.

Edited by Xoul

See if you can get an admin to use ma_rates on them in-game and find out what their rates are set to (including cl_interp etc.). VALVe did an update a while back that was supposed to fix ratehacking and instead made it so I've got no idea what cl_interp et al mean anymore.

Also, make sure to do ping in console in addition to looking at latency on the scoreboard. If they show a much lower latency on the scoreboard than other players with similar pings then I think that indicates something fishy going on with rates. There is nothing really stopping a player from capping their FPS really low to make themselves jerk around a lot. Once they get used to it, it's not hard to hit people that way but it takes everyone else a very long time to adjust.