What happened?!

eb0

So I went AFK from CS:S for about 7 months and I come back to crappy cs:s updates and less players at GC. Whats been going on?! I got off WoW and decided I'd play cs for a bit before bed and now there isn't anyone in either of the servers?!? Is GC dying or what? I hope GC isn't dying, so if u guys are out looking for different servers to play at then stop! lol, I like most of the ppl who play on the servers (except the hackers which I'm seeing more and more these days but thats a completely different matter [unless they are the ones driving ppl away from gc servers?]) anyways, get back on GC servers and lets fill those bad boys up! I'd much rather wait to join a packed server, then sit in my computer chair just waiting for another non-bot player to join!

over and out.

eb0

Hi Eb0,

Good to see you back in again. There's been a lot of changes since you left. Basically, and I'm sure Fatty can comment on this better than I, a number of things lead to some drop in GC membership over time including the aging of CS and games arriving that were pulling CS players away (such as WoW). Obviously the servers don't pay for themselves without assistance so GC was forced to scale back on some of the server count. However, even though we have fewer servers, the play of the game is still very active. We have also combined some elements such as when scoped rifles are allowed and when they are not on some servers (such as the Retrocedence server). There are also some nights in which zombie games or gun games are on too (Thursdays I believe).

I have noticed that most people are headed to bed and off the server by around 2:30 AM to 3:00 AM so since I noticed your post was around 3:00 AM perhaps that is why you didn't find anyone - not sure. Which server did you try? Perhaps this points to the aging of the GC crowd as well! :)

Saturday night beginning around 9pm is custom maps night. You should find plenty of people on then and on Thursdays as well.

I hope you do rejoin us. There are still many of the older players online. If you see people doing the hacking thing, let an admin know so we can demo the person involved. If they are truly hacking, they will be dealt with.

Hope to see you on the servers!

Cranky B)

eb0

LoL PLEASE NO!

Gun game is fun for a couple maps but all the time? Maybe GunGame one full night a week, but I think thats what you're already doing? Anyways, I am going to continue playing at GC and I think 99.9% of the players on there don't hack theres just that one that always is looking thru walls and being very fishy, I alert admins they do whatever they thinks right so thats not a problem. My gf always plays on GC and I jump on with her half the time. But yeah, you ninnys need to go to bed later! lol, i was stuck playing at some ghey server with all kindsa mods and stupid stuff which drives me insane.

Anyways hope to play with u guys soon,

eb0