Interp on the server.

Xoul

Personally... I like to use almost no interp at all... Now I can't because its locked. Different people have different connections, and need different interp settings. I don't think the interp settings can be set to something unfair.... Vavle has them locked so there isn't someone shooting 3 player lenghts behind someone and getting a hs. SO PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE IT. I wish I could still use 0 interp.

The way Valve has it set now is much better then before. cl_interp_ratio is your friend. Ragardless, tweaking settings shouldn't give you a big edge over other people which is the way things are going thankfully.

Personally... I like to use almost no interp at all... Now I can't because its locked. Different people have different connections, and need different interp settings. I don't think the interp settings can be set to something unfair.... Vavle has them locked so there isn't someone shooting 3 player lenghts behind someone and getting a hs. SO PLEASE PLEASE CHANGE IT. I wish I could still use 0 interp.

cl_interp 0 is illegal in cal cevo and cgs... i think .1 is the lowest allowed. Using 0 only makes sense in a Lan environment because when you use cl_interp 0...the game shows everyone exactly where they are supposed to be, but you dont show up as soon when you round corners...it makes it an unfair advantage because rushing around corner you wont be seen before you get a kill...norg could explain it better

cl_interp is a locked command now, the only way you can change it is using cl_interp_ratio. Using the new method, there is no possible way to get a cl_interp of 0.

Yeah, you don't have to worry about interp, server calculates it for you based on your rates (stop rate hacking xoul!)

Although cl_interp has been left in on console, it is now inactive and should have been removed, alfred from valve has mentioned on this.

Also the interp calculations have been gone over many many time and depending on you interp ratio, and your updaterate, below are the value of cl_interp you can achieve.

Its much better than the old system, with the max cl_interp with default rates coming out at 0.067, and as soon as we go past updaterate of 60, the communitys lowest agreeable, we hit a highest possible interp of 0.03

cl_interp_ratio simply causes the interpolation delay to be calculated off the clients cl_updaterate (The amount of updates the clients receive per second. This will not exceed the servers sv_maxupdaterate or servers tickrate, which ever is the smaller)

The outcome for this is as follows:

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 30 interpolation = 0.033

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 35 interpolation = 0.029

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 40 interpolation = 0.025

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 50 interpolation = 0.020

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 60 interpolation = 0.017

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 66 interpolation = 0.015

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 75 interpolation = 0.013

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 80 interpolation = 0.013

cl_interp_ratio 1.0 cl_updaterate 100 interpolation = 0.010

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 30 interpolation = 0.050

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 35 interpolation = 0.043

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 40 interpolation = 0.038

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 50 interpolation = 0.030

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 60 interpolation = 0.025

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 66 interpolation = 0.023

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 75 interpolation = 0.020

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 80 interpolation = 0.019

cl_interp_ratio 1.5 cl_updaterate 100 interpolation = 0.015

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 30 interpolation = 0.067

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 35 interpolation = 0.057

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 40 interpolation = 0.050

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 50 interpolation = 0.040

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 60 interpolation = 0.033

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 66 interpolation = 0.030

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 75 interpolation = 0.027

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 80 interpolation = 0.025

cl_interp_ratio 2.0 cl_updaterate 100 interpolation = 0.020

Clients can have higher cl_interp_ratio values to accomodate for packetloss & choke.

There are 2 server side variables that limit how large a clients cl_interp_ratio can be, these are:

"sv_client_min_interp_ratio" = "1" replicated - This can be used to limit the value of cl_interp_ratio for connected clients (only while they are connected). -1 = let clients set cl_interp_ratio to anything any other value = set minimum value for cl_interp_ratio

"sv_client_max_interp_ratio" = "2" replicated - This can be used to limit the value of cl_interp_ratio for connected clients (only while they are connected). If sv_client_min_interp_ratio is -1, then this cvar has no effect.

The bottom line is this: interp is calculated off your updaterate. Change your updaterate and your interp will change, it is as simple as that!

(edited)

This is all you'll ever need for interp. Especially in league play.

cl_cmdrate 101

cl_interp .01

cl_interpolate 1

cl_interp_all 1

cl_interp_npcs 0.01

cl_lagcompensation 1

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1

cl_updaterate 101

rate 30000

Edited by NorgmaN

This is all you'll ever need for interp. Especially in league play.

cl_cmdrate 101

cl_interp .01

cl_interpolate 1

cl_interp_all 1

cl_interp_npcs 0.01

cl_lagcompensation 1

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1

cl_updaterate 101

rate 30000

Thank you.