9500 pro tweaks #2

NOFX

aight, i was tired of not being able to OC my 9500 pro so i finally decided to do some research. I came to find out that the 9500's are locked so that you cant change the core or memory speed. I guess thats why my comp restarted everytime I tried to. Well, ill explain what you gotta do if you wanna OC your 9500 pro. The only thing that locks your card is its bios. So, you have to download another bios for it and flash it. A good site that showes you how to do that is here. www.aselabs.com/articles.php?articleid=49&page=3

Just download that Zip file and follow the instuctions on how to flash.

It should now say that you are using an ATI 9700 PRO, if you using Cat drivers. (I just switched to Omega drivers, I think I like them better)

After you do that, go download. rage 3d or powerstrip, (programs that lets you overclock). After you get that installed it should let you OC without your comp restarting.

I've only tested it once and it seems like it runs fine. Also, my CPU wasnt overclocked when I tested with the overclocked video. I am only at 286/293 and my memory and gpu didnt seem to be getting hot at all, I heard you can get it up to around 355/315, but be careful!!!!

3dmark - 03

Default 9500 pro 276/270 = 3562

9500 pro Overclocked 286/293 = 3623

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

this is coming from someone who doesn't even use mouse drivers... ;)