Blender Textures

boiler

Anyone here use Blender for 3D rendering stuff? I've been using it for a while, and while I'm definitely no expert, I have done some pretty neat stuff.

I'm trying to model a dental handpiece that is made of brushed aluminum. Using the newest version (2.45) I got the material/texture looking perfect and want to integrate it with another scene I have made. The only problem I running into is I use the Yafray renderer for the other scene because it is the easiest way to get Depth of Field in the rendering, but my awesome brushed aluminum material looks like crapola.

My options are:

1. figure out how to fix my material for yafray renderer (big pain in the butt)

2. figure out how to get depth of field rendering through blender's internal renderer. (larger pain in the butt)

I know people have been able to get depth of field through blender's renderer before using compositing nodes, but I can't seem to get them to work, mostly because I don't understand the whole z-buffer thing I think.

If anyone has a better knowledge of this than I do, please help!

I've been searching all over the interwebz, and have read more forum posts than I care to admit, but can't find a decent depth of field tutorial for the internal blender render engine that uses the compositing nodes.

Thanks guys!