Pushing Daisies

Playaa

Anyone been watching this show?

you can catch up on episodes here if you haven't (only 4 so far)

it's really quirky and interesting and alot less like a tv show and more like 45 minute long well directed strange movies.

it's about a man who can touch dead things to bring them back alive. The catch is that if he touches it again it dies for good and if he touches something to bring it to life, but doesn't touch it again within 60 seconds, something else in the immediate area must die instead.

I recommend checking it out if you like quirky things like Stranger than Fiction.

• 4 weeks later...

Since 8pm on Wednesday is pretty devoid of anything good I stumbled upon this show while channel surfing and I gotta say they certainly put some nice polish on it. The story line is quite intricate and the characters are pretty diverse (still wrapping my head around the pie maker's relationship with chuck). Ok, so I was (and still am) thoroughly confused as to the premise of this show. Molly Shannon was excellent I have to say, never a huge fan of hers but I thought she was amazing in her role in the episode I saw. I'll probably watch next week's episode (or the reruns, don't know where this falls in the WGA strike).

The basic plot is this:

Ned (The Pie Maker) discovered as a young boy that when he touches dead things, they come back to life. If he touches that once-dead-now-living thing again, it dies for good. If he brings something back to life and DOESN'T "kill" it again before 1 minute passes, something of equal "life" within proximity will randomly die (i.e. bringing back a squirrel won't kill a human, but will probably kill a bird nearby).

He discovered this ability when he brought his mother back to life as a boy...which then killed Chuck's (Charlotte Charles) father who was across the street. His mother later died again for good when she kissed Ned good night.

20-some-odd years later and Ned is working with Emerson Cod (the Private Investigator) by bringing murder victims back to life to ask them who killed them. One of these victims turns out to be Chuck (she was strangled on a cruise ship because she was carrying some golden monkeys). He brings her back to life, can't make himself "kill" her again and so the corrupt funeral home director dies instead. (which prompts my favorite line of the series so far from Emerson when he finds out about the "random proximity" thing: "(b)itch I was in proximity!"

Anyway, now Chuck and Ned are in love, but can never touch.

The other main character on the show is Olive Snook the blond waitress at the Pie Hole. She is in love with Ned and doesn't know about his ability. She only knows that Ned loves Chuck and Chuck loves Ned and for some reason they can never touch (I believe she thinks it's an allergic reaction thing).

so...that's the gist of it.