Tech Problem

MaDPaT

Been working on my nostromo and got on for a little gaming campaign. Funny thing is, my extra mouse buttons do not work even when programmed to use keyboard keys assigned in UT3. They worked fine in Demo version but cannot get it to work now. Nostromo works perfectly so far. Since nostromo works but extra mouse buttons do not, I am loss for a reason why. Any ideas?

I won't even look at warefare until my input problems resolved.

Edited by MaDPaT

I always just change custom settings for my mouse by adding the game to logitech mouse, keep the guns the same key (like lg was 8, keep it that) then program the back button to be keystroke 8. Works like a charm. On the other hand, I dont have ut3 yet.

Thanks for info. I am keeping the keys in ut3 the same and have used the Logitech setpoint to recognize ut3. I think my logitech file was corrupted somehow during ut3 install. Tried to open and had taken like forever. I will uninstall and reinstall to see what happens.

It's UT thinking that your hacking, they are just trying to level the playing field for everyone. So even that n00b can get as many kills as a FPS veteran.

They also need more in game assistance. Say that a player walks by a node, he will be automatically switched to his link gun and start linking the node. Manual BE GONE!

It's UT thinking that your hacking, they are just trying to level the playing field for everyone. So even that n00b can get as many kills as a FPS veteran.

They also need more in game assistance. Say that a player walks by a node, he will be automatically switched to his link gun and start linking the node. Manual BE GONE!

I have come to the same conclusion. I now have to reprogram my nostromo for movement, keyboard commands, AND weapons instead of movement and keyboard commands with nostromo and weapons via mouse. What a pain. It will take forever to get use to. I have to find 6 additional weapon buttons on nostromo that are intuitive without messing with keyboard and movement keys.

I can't afford to hesitate finding weapons, cause with you guys it means quick death for me.

Edited by MaDPaT

There'll be piped switching soon enough (if there isnt already)

I found the ini command file for inputs but unsure about computer syntax. Looks alot different from UT2004 ini syntax. Problem is that UT3 doesn't recognize my extra mouse buttons other than left and right ones. Those extra buttons are mapped to keyboard using Logitech setpoint but still not go. There isn't even a middle mouse button detailed in ut2 input ini file. Game consoles with mice must not have mouse options so I guess we won't either.

Edited by MaDPaT