disable share passwords

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning

Guests

I am currently running windows 2000 on one computer, and ME on the other. They are networked between a linksys router. The 2000 machine sees the ME machine and can access its files. Problem is the ME machine cant get into the 2000 machine because it gives me a access restricted screen. The ME machine sees the 2000 machine in the network neighborhood but it cant access it because of the password situation, i never assigned it a password but it seems to have a default password.

How do i disable the password on the windows 2000 machine so that the ME machine can access the 2000 machine and its printer. Neither machine has a log on password.

File sharing is set on both machines, printer is set to share and both machines ping each other fine.

any info on this?!?!

thanks guys

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Yeah, on the win2k machine, you have to set up a user. Go into control panel, Users, and create one or enable the guest. At that point you need to choose what you want to share, each folder or the whole hard drive of the machine. You do that by right clicking on the drive or folder and go to the sharing. It is a little different than ME but easy once you do it a few times.

Make it log into a windows NT domain, create a domain with that win2k machine and let your ME machine log into it. Thats the best way to do it. Or you can do the guest account. It will run some dos login scripts and it will work both ways. Otherwise you will only be accessing the ME machine from the win2k but not vice versa, or...yeah o0o .