BSG S:04

dragonfly

EDIT: YOU KNOW THIS IS ABOUT SEASON 4, SO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT SO FAR, STOP READING UNLESS YOU WANT SOME THINGS GIVEN AWAY!!!

So what do you guys think of season 4 so far? Personally, it's SUPER depressing, and I'm a little disappointed with it. There doesn't seem to be a huge plot that they're following - they're just breaking down all the relationships and getting everyone to make stupid decisions (except Adama for the most part).

Oh, and the Rosalyn or however it's spelled is really annoying I think. And Adama Jr. is an idiot. And Starbuck is annoying me a lot lately, like she thinks she's the princess or something. And someone needs to kill the president's assistant because she's psycho.

/end of rant

Honestly, this is by far my favourite TV show ever made. I absolutely love it, and look forward to every episode. It just feels like not much has happened yet... :shrug03:

What do you guys think? Any predictions for the immediate future or who the last cylon is?

Edited by DarkArchon

In my opinion the show is taking a small downward turn because the characters (some of them) are starting to act like real people would in their situations and that doesn't always make good tv. Lee has ideals and is following them, Torrie is realizing her life has been a lie and is feeling free now (and losing the inhibitions that made her human), Rosalyn is dieing and doesn't care how people react to her anymore, Adama is losing the woman he cares for (again) and is doing his best to be with her which is causing him to neglect his job, Baltar is realizing that even though he's done tons of evil (as most people see them) things there are still people that love him so he should love himself...etc.

Overall it hasn't been that great of a season but the show has been moving to a more cerebral route for the last two seasons anyway and I don't think alot of folks like that.

I still think that killing Callie was just poor writing but I think that the actor who plays Chief Tyrol has had his best acting of the series because of it. (I also think he screwed up on that Raptor on purpose because he knows if he is demoted he might not be as dangerous to the humans when his cylon switch gets flipped into "kill" mode)

In my opinion they are setting up the show to end with Lee Adama being the physical "savior" of humanity (i.e. he's going to lead the people when Rosalyn dies) and they are setting up Baltar to be the religious "savior".

Personally, I've always loved this show because they ask tough questions and confront realistic situations (albeit they do it in a spaceship). The directing/writing has been a little strange this season, but they're still facing the tough questions (How much power do you give a religious group that has the potential to upset your political system? What do you do when people you've known and loved for years turn out to be something else? etc.)