Getting back into It

Shadowman

After getting hit by a car at 80 mph and needing surgery on my right shoulder, I'm ready to get back in the gym and regain all my lost strength. I've already done 4 months of physical therapy so I have my 'base strength' back I guess, but I need to get back up there so I can compete at my level again for next wrestling season. Any tips from anyone else whose had surgery?

(edited)

I'm in a similar situation as you. I too just had surgery on my right shoulder after breaking my collar bone and having a metal plate put in. I too would like to get my strength back that I once had. What I think I'm going to do is get a gym membership and just start working out like I use to. There must be someone that can give some better advice then myself. I just thought it was ironic you too hurt your right shoulder.

Edited by Demoner

• 4 weeks later...

I was mugged back in December, which broke my left upper arm in several places, so they had to go in and pin it together. I have been doing therapy on that arm/shoulder for the last 6 months or so, and have plateaued, so this was my last appointment (today). My main prob has been that the nerve going into that arm has been binding in its sleeve, and so it HURTS to move the bleeding thing past a certain point. The nerve won't slide in its protective sleeve, binds and I either get pain in the shoulder or numbness in the left hand. Also, the main blood vessel to that arm is getting pinched when I get past a certain point of movement, so I lose bloodflow in it as well.

Oh wow, Aldan sorry to hear that. Your situation is much worse than mine. The only therapy I had was to stretch my arm/shoulder certain ways to get movement back. My shoulder is pretty much back to normal except for the muscle I lost. I think I might just wait until I go back to school to rebuild the strength cause then 0 dollars to lift weights =)