Orange.RR needs help!

orange

Hi all, I took a couple months off for musical tours and a death in the family. It's been nice to see everyone again, a real pleasure. Some of you may have noticed that I'm getting kicked every couple minutes. I get a "No VAC Connection" or "Client Timed Out" error :freak3: , and I guess it says no steam logon on the server after I leave. What should I do? I don't use or uninstalled all the flagged programs I saw on steam's do not use list. I have been dealing with the whole steam help ticket thing for months now and nothing seems to work :unsure: . Any ideas? It sucks to have bought HL2 and Source and the Orange box and not be able to use any of it. BTW, it happens just as much with TF2.

Any suggestions would be awesome, on the up-shot, I've been doing A LOT more reading :):luxhello:

(edited)

Try deleting your clientregistry.blob in C:\Program Files\Steam folder. If that doesn't work it may be your connection to the interweb. I'd start w/ updating mobo drivers (nic card drivers if you use a nic). Then make sure your windows is up to date, DO NOT USE SP3 it is C***. Then I would check and make sure you have a stable connection to a stream of some sort, or a upload/download tester. And if you are using any sort of special firewall other then windows or a peer blocker, I would turn that off.

Edited by NorgmaN

In addition to removing the ClientRegistry.blob you can also try removing Steam.dll and SteamUI.dll. This will force an update from steam and a redownload of some critical files. You can also try looking in the steam window under your games, right click cs:s, properties, local files, verify integrity of game cache... or check to see if the game files need to be defragmented. Good luck.