New Build Reboot Problem

Squire

Hey Guys

I have another problem with my new build..Last night my girlfriend was checking her e-mail and such and I wasn't in the room. So she decided she was going to shut down the comp. On vista it has that icon on the start menu that lets you think your shutting it down, but really only putting it into standby. She has never used vista before so she thought she was shutting it down. Then she comes to me and says the lights on the computer are blinking and the screen went blank and it wont do anything. I tried to get it to come back up by hitting keys on the keyboard and moving the mouse...But no luck because I never set up the hibernation or standby on the computer..So I had to hold the power button to shut it down then restart it.

When I turned the comp back on, it had cleared out everything in my BIOS...( Now I'm starting to get mad) lol. Lost all my OC settings and everything else.. So i put the basics in just to get it going. Then I decided ill shut it down for the night and goto bed and deal with it tomorrow. When I shut down the computer, it shut off i turned away from it. Then 5 seconds later it turned right back on??? Anyone ever incounter this probem? I'm not sure if its with the BIOS or PSU. The power supply voltages seem ok except the 12v seems a little high its 12.265 is that normal?

Help Please =/

My Specs are:

E8400 3.0 Stock as of now =(

Asus P5Q Motherboard

Visiontek ATI 4870

4 Gig OCZ Ram

WD 250GIG HDD

OCZ 600W PSU

Vista 32bit Home Premium

It sounds like Wake on Lane (WOL) is turned on in your BIOS. That is the only thing that I can think of that would make your computer turn back on after being turned off..... no, we are not talking about MAC OS. (J/K). Check your BIOS for WOL being turned on.