so.. i was banned -xpkoala

xpkoala

I got banned 10/11/08 around 7pm central. I'm not terribly sure what the definite reason behind this was. Earlier lunk and i had some banter about team stacking, then we played a map or two w/o any trouble, it switches to train, i join a team and get suicided. I'm not sure if it was a game glitch or what so i rejoin and select the same team, and i get kicked / banned. Any explanation would be nice, considering i like to think i have a pseudo good rapport with most of the members / regulars on GC. I deny any accusation of team stacking, as i generally will random team, however every once in a while on a map I've played one side a lot i will join the other, or if i have friends on one side it's fun to play with them, that is why I play CS:S, for fun. This is your server and i'm not paying for it, but at the same time, I've been experiencing a lot of admin commands administered to me, weather it be beaconing me / slapping me / killing me / switching my team, whatever, it's fun up to a point but sooner or later I have to ask if some admins are abusing their power. The teams do have auto functions and most people know I will switch teams if another needs me. Earlier in the day on inferno I was playing on CT and we were ahead by 5 or so, Lunk asked if we could even the teams at the beginning of the round. Not wanting to waste a round I rushed, died quickly, and switched to T. Where i was met with Lunk calling those of us who switched "idiots" for all switching, it's seems maybe lunk has a problem with me, i'm not sure.

All things aside, no I don't pay for the server, yes I enjoy playing on the server, and would liked to be unbanned, but senseless admin abuse can become a little wearisome for some people.

Cheers

~xpkoala

after reading the big yellow thing that says read first last, the game was CS:S and my steam id is STEAM_0:1:95316

Edited by xpkoala

It's a one day ban. Random Selection or Auto as it's more commonly called does not make it 12 v 9. So you can't really deny the team stacking.

Your making snide comments about the teams(which btw I believe your team still won the map) does not equate to friendly banter.

I've executed exactly 3 commands against you. swap_team, kick and ban. I will tell you that, if you leave and come back in the same round the server auto-slays you, this is to prevent people who die quickly from re-trying and picking up their weapons and still playing the round, you can also be slapped for tk'in teammates.

Personally I don't have a problem with you. I have a problem with people who are only interested in their stats, always playing the same team, or just aren't interested in team play unless it's to their advantage and blatant team stacking.

I think you'll survive one day.

The reason I was kicked and eventually banned was for "team stacking". While playing on contra (i think) t's were stacked for 3 rounds, no one was kicked or banned, on t side and i was kicked for making a remark about t side being stacked. As for stats, I don't care about them, and I have never made a comment about my stats or anyone elses, so I'm not sure how thats a factor. And since you didn't refute that I joined T side after it was obvious they needed help (on inferno i think), I'm not sure why you keep coming back to me for the team stacking. From my point of view it seems like i'm being singled out. I guess in the future i'll try to join the correct team? I do acknowledge I should have mentioned there were other admins using commands against me, sorry if it sounded like i was singling you out there lunk. Maybe a way to make sure people don't care about stats are to take them away? Otherwise i don't know how you wont have people make stupid calls about them. I for one don't follow them and just today saw mine, having never been to the gc forums before.

Thanks for the post

~xpkoala