Computer died

KagE

Hello guys

Yesterday, i came home to find my computer dead, or almost dead! It all starts with me starting up the computer as usual until the mobo beeps! It actually did 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps, which after some research on the internet, is a memory/video card/ram error I haven't any hardware modifications lately, so I don't know what caused it. Though the most probable cause is a power spike 3-4 weeks ago, that grilled my power supply, at the time, i bought a new power supply and the computer ran fine until yesterday...

After some testing today, which was swapping components with my brother's computer, I found out that the video card and mobo might be gone for good, I was wondering if you guys think the video card and mobo might still be good for something and suggestions for replacement? I know the CPU is still good and it is a AMD athlon x2 6000+, am2 socket.

Let me know!

It is most likely your motherboard but could also be the RAM. The only way to know is to start swapping parts to see what happens. Also disconnect any other cards and components that you do not absolutely need to boot up an OS. So, disconnect the LAN card, disable the onboard LAN, unhook the CD and DVD drives, unplug those onboard Firewire ports, all of it except the hard drive to see if you can boot. If it boots, then one of those other parts (or the port) is bad.