Computer Wont boot anymore...

Squire

(edited)

Hey Guys I'm working on a computer for my mothers friend, she bought it cheap at a local university, they were getting rid of some older PC's. She wanted me to check it over and see if I could upgrade it. So I plugged it in booted it up. It booted fine. I looked to see what kind of stuff was on it. Then right clicked on My Computer to look at the properties. After that I walked out of the room, and a minute later all i could hear is a beeping noise. I looked in the room and the monitor was blank. And the computer was just beeping... So I hit the reset button. All the lights came on then it just went back to beeping. The beep is one long beep about 10 seconds. And it just keeps doing it??? Any idea what the hell could of happened from the time I turned it on to maybe 5 minutes later? I'm thinking it might be the RAM or Video. But I don't even get an image on the screen to figure out what kind of bios it has to figured out the beep codes for that BIOS. UGHHH Any Suggestions?? Thanks guys

Edited by Squire

Thanks fx ill try that when I get home later. The case was through some hell, back and forth in the car, and on its side then the other side.. lol The video card is on board. She wants to do photo editting on it... Its 1.4 P4 Single Core, 256 megs of RAM and 32MB on board video.. I don't think she will be doing anything to crazy. probably just getting rid of red eye on paint.net lol