Left 4 Dead

Tek-Almighty

Just d-loaded Left 4 Dead demo from Steam. Installed, ran through the splash screens, then tried to play the first single player level...kept getting the super stutters, then a hard lock of system the first time I encountered zombie and tried to kill.

Said error with NV4 drivers or some such, before BSOD. Odd. Been running other games just fine.

Well, If I get the game going, I am interested in playing with a partner or two. So, PM me or respond in forum if you wanna play.

I had this kind of problem too. The game would crash with the NVKDKM or whatever error and a BSOD guaranteed when ever I played. I had no idea what it was. All the other games on my computer have been running fine. So while I was cursing out the Source engine for sucking, I thought I'd try some stuff (messing with video drivers, sound drivers, sound settings, video settings). The only thing that stopped the crashing was going back to the stock speeds on my graphics card. It wasn't overheating or anything, the Source engine just didn't like it being overclocked. A few days of playing every night I went back to my overclocked speeds and it didn't start crashing again. It crashes once in a while when I exit the game, but I am trying to exit the game anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Not sure if that helps. I am using the 180.43 Beta drivers.

I had this kind of problem too. The game would crash with the NVKDKM or whatever error and a BSOD guaranteed when ever I played. I had no idea what it was. All the other games on my computer have been running fine. So while I was cursing out the Source engine for sucking, I thought I'd try some stuff (messing with video drivers, sound drivers, sound settings, video settings). The only thing that stopped the crashing was going back to the stock speeds on my graphics card. It wasn't overheating or anything, the Source engine just didn't like it being overclocked. A few days of playing every night I went back to my overclocked speeds and it didn't start crashing again. It crashes once in a while when I exit the game, but I am trying to exit the game anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Not sure if that helps. I am using the 180.43 Beta drivers.

I fixed problem with dev. console tweak...very simple. Then played for two hours. Good game. Really like playing with others, as long as they have mic. In game communication is pretty good.

Use ~ to get console open.

Then:

mat_queue_mode 0

So...you can set your cards back to stock and try this out.