dark (dragonfly) needs your help

dragonfly

Ok, so I went to play gears 2 with my friends tonight, and we hooked up all 3 systems via router. No problem, except my game was incompatible. Duh, I dont have the updates yet.

So we hook it up to the net (via the second router, which was online in the other room), get my live account, yada yada, new dashboard, blah blah blah, ok good to go. Only thing is gears wont update. We fiddled around with it a little bit, finally got it to update.

So I plugged back into the first router, and there's no signal to join their game (not even the lights on the router lit up). Ok, we'll reset the router. Nothing. Tried several times, still nothing.

Then we decided to just play 2 games of gears, and rockband on the other. We set mine and my friends for system link, I hosted, he joined, no problem. 5 seconds later he lost connection, and we can't reconnect no matter what we do.

When I got home, I tried to connect mine to the net, with no luck. Do I have a lemon, or am I doing something wrong? Can updates mess up your machine like this? Is my network connection in the 360 shot? Any ideas?

Never mind, it's going back to the store. I was thinking/praying about it last night and this morning, and decided to look at the port itself. The connectors were all crossed and not in the plastic "teeth" they were supposed to be separated by. I got them back to where they were supposed to be, but the connection is all loose. Try number 2...