AEB on DSLR's

NOFX

Anyway AEB is good for a 3 exposure level HDR, but also when your not sure if you expose is right. Sometimes your in tricky lighting the meter says it is right, but when you take your shot it is under exposed or over exposed. This will take 3 at different exposures, so you don't have to manually do it and toy around with it.

Also, I'd suggest shooting in RAW and opening the RAW in photoshop. You have much more control over the post-processing. Your white balance and sharpening isn't "baked" into the image. The whole dynamic range is saved, so you can apply whatever white balance you want to in post-processing, you can't do that with a jpeg. Although I haven't shot in Jpeg in a while, the post-processing of a RAW's exposure is very easily and does a very good job of correcting an over-exposed or under exposed image.

What I've learned with my experience is that post-processing is the "other half" of photography. It is what makes the photo, poor processing can't ruin a great photo and it can also turn awful photos into great ones.

^ There's some good information in there.

I think there are two schools of thought on this subject, too. I personally shoot to minimize post-processing as much as possible, unless there's a specific reason for it. I would much rather spend 10 minutes planning a picture and 1 second snapping it than spend 1 second snapping it and 1 hour of tweaking it in front of a computer.

But other people enjoy seeing all the creative ways they can change a picture. Not saying either way is right, of course. :)

hahah.. I messed up I meant poor processing CAN ruin a great photo.. You can seriously kill a great photo by processing it poorly.

But I also say that if you go by your school of thought of doing very minimal post-processing and take great photos to begin with, then yes lack of processing can't ruin an existing great photo.