Oblivion's hot again

bushwack

I've restarted playing Oblivion again and noticed sites like tesnexus has as much traffic lately as it did 3 years ago. Blame it on Fallout.

Anywho here's a few grafix mods I'm running to bring the bling up to date while not changing gameplay.

First get the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. Fixes a couple thousand bugs.

Qarl's Texture Pack 3 1.68gb of high res textures

CaptNKILLs NonTiling Texture Mod Fixes the original crappy terrain texture tiling.

Koldorns LOD Noise Replacer You may want to try medium.

Gonna need Oblivion Mod Manager for these. OMM makes installing mods easier and also lets you deactivate them at will, so if you can find the other mods I listed above in OMOD file, then by all means grab that instead.

4096X4096 Normal Map-2048X2048 Border Regions-LOD_OMOD High res terrain LOD compilation

Natural Faces Makes the faces of NPCs not so damn ugly.

There's a crazy amount of high quality mods out there, check out the top 100 on Nexux.

That stuff looks awesome dude! What does it do to performance? It was already a fairly demanding game.

I'm running all those mods, 1600x1200 and all settings on max (just no AA) and my fps ranges from 85 outside down to 40 sometimes in a populated town. Runs/looks sweet with my C2D and 260 GTX.

Well Oblivion just turned 3 yesterday, today's hardware doesn't have a problem.

That stuff looks awesome dude! What does it do to performance? It was already a fairly demanding game.

I'm running all those mods, 1600x1200 and all settings on max (just no AA) and my fps ranges from 85 outside down to 40 sometimes in a populated town. Runs/looks sweet with my C2D and 260 GTX.

I'm not on today's hardware...not even yesterday's....maybe a month or so ago, lol. I am running a dual core AMD 5000+ Black Edition OC'd to 3.25ghz and an MSI 8800GT.

I'm not on today's hardware...not even yesterday's....maybe a month or so ago, lol. I am running a dual core AMD 5000+ Black Edition OC'd to 3.25ghz and an MSI 8800GT.

You should be ok i figure, my old AMD @ 2.4 and 8800gt ran it well enuff with Qarl's texture pack and LOD replacements I remember, just not at very high resolutions.

I've restarted playing Oblivion again and noticed sites like tesnexus has as much traffic lately as it did 3 years ago. Blame it on Fallout.

Anywho here's a few grafix mods I'm running to bring the bling up to date while not changing gameplay.

CaptNKILLs NonTiling Texture Mod Fixes the original crappy terrain texture tiling.

Gonna need Oblivion Mod Manager for these. OMM makes installing mods easier and also lets you deactivate them at will, so if you can find the other mods I listed above in OMOD file, then by all means grab that instead.

4096X4096 Normal Map-2048X2048 Border Regions-LOD_OMOD High res terrain LOD compilation

There's a crazy amount of high quality mods out there, check out the top 100 on Nexux.

Sooooo...all of this and the game ceases to become level grinding and walking for hours killing stray dogs?

Ohhhh!

Snap!

Love you man!

Sooooo...all of this and the game ceases to become level grinding and walking for hours killing stray dogs?

Ohhhh!

Snap!

Love you man!

No, but makes it prettier. :prplwacko:

I thought you had liked the game Tek? Really I'm playing Oblivion cause I wasn't ready to beat Fallout 3 three times in a row.

Heres a good list of must have mods. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Must_Have_Mods Wish I would have found this list before I started mine.

Goto the game balancing and leveling changes is you wish for a different Oblivion Tek.