Problem with audio

TheGeek

This is the problem. When ever I use my headphone port on the front of my case I get a buzzing when ever the computer processes something.

For an example, if I move the firefox window to the left and right... that will do some buzzing. When I'm in left for dead, there is constant buzzing. Now when I don't do anything, its silent.

I just formatted my PC and installed new drivers for both the audio bus and the standard audio drivers. I did NOT have this problem before the install so I don't believe its hardware related. And this does NOT happen from the audio port on the motherboard.

I installed the same audio drivers I had before I reinstalled my OS and the problem is still there.

My case gives two options for the headphone port on the front. AC97 and HD Audio. Both cause the buzzing.

Also, I made no hardware changes so I don't think its any grounding issue.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3L Version 2 (onboard sound)

Any suggestions?

I'd say it's safe to assume that voltage increase on your board is causing the buzzing as anytime your CPU/RAM is used the buzzing starts? What voltage do you have your ram set to? (What kind of RAM?) A little searching turned up that Ballistix brand RAM have compatibility issues with your board so set the voltage to 2.1v (even if you don't use Ballistix RAM it might be worth a test).

I assume you opened it up and checked all wiring inside the case but I assume exposed wires would cause more than just buzzing but it's prudent.

Do you have the AC97 drivers or HDaudio drivers installed?

Oh nevermind...5 mins of Google searching

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.as...hreadid=2154420

I have Gskill ram.

I used updated drivers and that caused my mic to not work. So I used the drivers from the OEM CD and the mic now works. I'll check my ram too and post it later.

(edited)

edit:

The voltage of the ram was not the issue. Currently it is running at 1.8v. I set it to 2.1 volts and it made no difference.

I did find the front bus audio cord wrapping around the graphics card. I removed that and put it away from the ram, cpu, power supply to the mobo, and the graphics card. the issue is still there.

I updated the drivers, and its still there.

Any more clues?

Edited by TheGeek