Office Server Help

[LaW]Maverick

I'm thinking about recommending this for my office: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116555

Now, it says 5 clients--what does that mean? Windows XP supports 10 clients logged on, does this shrink that further? That's the point?

We're getting "delayed write" errors on our current setup (the PC is running Windows XP and writing to a Drobo), and I'm thinking it may be because there are 12 or so computers on this network, and Windows XP was not designed for backing up our rather LARGE back-up files. Not to mention, only 10 of the 12 computers can ever access the server at any one time because XP limits the logged in clients to 10.

So, my question is, will Windows Server 2008 work for the office (even if we expand to 20 computers), should I go with SBS (Small Business Server), and will could XP be the root of the delayed write error?

Edit: I did a lot of research on this problem of the Delayed Write Error, and it seems to be extremely common for Windows XP transfers done through USB for large files. So, if we switch to a server edition of Windows (which I think we need) it will be some flavor of Server 2008 as the problem is also present in Server 2003 (XP kernel).

Edited by [LaW]Maverick