Milwaukee Tips

stutters

A friend of mine done gone grown up and is getting married in Milwaukee. Another friend was supposed to be planning the bachelor party, but went space cadet.

Anyone (*cough* m2 *cough*) have tips? Ideally:

- somewhere to grab a good steak, then

- somewhere to have a drink and cigar, then

- somewhere to have many, many moar drinks around other bars to stumble in and out of.

xoxo,

-sj

For food, it really is up in the air on budget. The best place in town is Capital Grill, but its about 50+ for a dinner entre. The place I would recommend would be Mason Street Grill. They have the best steaks in my opinion, however they can get pricey from 30-40 for a steak dinner. They do have cheaper food as well, there menu's on the website have prices.

Bar Wise:

Without knowing the kind of people you are bringing out, I couldn't tell you the best place. But if you narrow it down to an area, I can give you what each bar brings. 99% of all the bars allow smoking still, we are not smoke free until next year.

There are 3-4 major areas you could go and be able to walk to multiple places. First one is Water Street. Water Street does have more 21-27 yr olds. It does have a few good places, McGillycuddy's, Bar Louie (This is a chain).

Second area would be North Avenue, slightly older crowd but still attracts some college kids. Again, this area has 10-12 bars, some bad, some decent. But enough to get you stumbling.

Third area would be the Third Ward. This is a newly renovated are with alot of different kinds of bars. The one I enjoy would be the Milwaukee Ale House, they brew there own beer and usually have live music. Depends on the night, but mainly a crowd from 25-35 after 8pm. They do have a nice restaurant during dinner hours as well.

More info on the type of people, the better idea I can give you of where to go.

Without knowing the kind of people you are bringing out, I couldn't tell you the best place.
That's a really good point. If we're "going out," we're jeans, hoodies, beanies. If there's a dress code, we don't want to go there. Everyone likes good micro brews, and a pool table would be a big plus. Location doesn't really matter, but we're staying at the Marriott on W. Michigan.

Thanks for the tips on the restaurants.

diaf