user comments for Fallout 3 on metacritic

bushwack

I noticed the user score (PC version) for Fallout 3 is only 7.8 at metacritic, seems kinda low so I checked out some user scores.

http://apps.metacritic.com//games/usercomments.jsp?id_string=9724:sYSGeml4q7HH5bdn63yJpA**

Seems plenty of people rate the game 0. Yes a big fat Zero. One caught my attention: Ropert P. gave it a 0 due to crashes, says he can play the game for 3-4 hours without a crash but sometimes crash only after 3-5 minutes.

HOW CAN YOU STAND TO PLAY A GAME FOR HOURS IF IT SUCKS SO BAD?!?! lol

Edited by bushwack

I know DragonFire had problems with the PC version crashing. She got the 360 version instead, and guessing she enjoyed it.

I think sometimes it's fair and sometimes it's unfair to judge a game by issues like that. I had a few crashes with the game, possibly the game or my computer, not sure. The game also crashes every time I exit, and I know I'm not the only one that has that problem. It might not be perfectly solid but it's still a great game. I wouldn't fault it for crashes only a small number of people get, especially on a PC game where anything could be the problem.

On the other hand, games that are totally busted and crash all the time no matter who is playing, they probably deserve the low scores they get. Every game should have a certain amount of testers, even if it's staff working on the game, to make sure it's at least somewhat stable. Those games are often low budget with low production values and honestly wouldn't be the best games anyway.

Also, a lot more people go on forums or Metacritic to complain when they have a problem compared to people who are going to praise the game and are having a great time. I guess people are more likely to voice their opinion when they are upset.

Edited by VooDooPC