Can't Build a Subway? Follow China

lousiest

Link worked for me, and it seems like a cool plan, except for what happens when someone flies up on one at 90mph and slams into the side of it, or if someone runs a red light and bashes into it? Sure its got those nifty drop down sides for people to quickly exit, but I'm still concerned with the entire safety of it.

What happens when people do that to a real bus? Is it different?

Well except a real bus isnt on rails. What kind of impact would it have on the people who rely on this transit for work/etc once its up and running? How long would it take to fix if the car smashes into it, knocks it off the rails, busts up the rails etc etc. Will it totally shut down that part of the road now for even the cars driving on it? And real buses aren't that high up, if a car slams into it will it knock it over on its side? Will people go flying out of the windows and fall 20-25 feet to the asphalt? I'm just saying it's a lot more complicated than a car just hitting a bus.Oh and IF a car gets in front of it, or somehow gets bound up in the rails, will the thing roll right over it and slice it up, or will the car jam it and then the thing come to an immediate halt with people flying forward inside? I can think of a million ways a huge accident can occur that is different than anything we have in this country.

Edited by samurai nightling