I feel certain players lag the server to their advantage?

Garychios

I feel certain players lag the server to their advantage. Is this possible through rates etc?

Its impossible certain players start playing and our pings go up and certain things dont happen properly.

Can the admins make sure that there are no invulnerbilities?

I feel strong about this.

-Gary A

From my understanding, l4d2 isnt made for 10v10. Server logs all the people that join, even if they leave. This causes a strain, when there is no reset, it causes the server to crash from all the log files it keeps track of. Also people with 300ping causes strain.

Might need to wait for Jackie or Nightling to comment as they would know more.

Well players with ping over 300 already get auto-kicked for high ping. Members are exempt from this, so if a member joins but lives in timbuktu well, he's gonna ping high and stay there to bring everyone down, perks of being a member though.

As far as certain people lagging it to their advantage, I'll have to see if we can start checking rates more often to see if certain rates are lagging the server for specific people so they are harder to hit or something. Other than that I'm not entirely sure.

As an individual who deals with pseudo-lag on a daily basis, (ping's usually from 100-150...the side-effects of living in Alaska) I can safely say that a lag disadvantage works both ways. I can't tell you how many charges I've missed as a result of it.

Or I may just suck at charger...

The hit boxes in l4d2 have what I like to call "Lag padding" all things have it, players and infected. This makes charging difficult as the models from lag can have hit boxes up to 2.5 character models ahead/behind (depending how they're running/walking), which causes you to have that "slip off their model". since its 10v10 you better pray you have the same ping as the person you're Charging.