Tank limits +other ideas

Soap

(edited)

Hello everyone!

¬I was hoping to address the Admins/owners about this as well.¬

ºLast night we played blood harvest and the infected team bought tanks on the finale for 40+ minutes.

It stagnated the game and became very boring.º

¤Can we set limits as to how many tanks can be called on a single level? Say 5-8 PER level? Something reasonable to avoid that ever happening again?

¤Also, can we add in random, changing infected purchases to add variety on a per level basis?

IE: for 50-60+ points you can buy a pack of witches, maybe 5 to spawn at a time in the same place?

And random infected? Riot police, etc for more reasonable prices of 20 or so?

Edited by fxsoap

I like the idea of a "random pack" purchase that'll randomly spawn something, as well as uncommon infected horde. But I like the tank system the way it is, especially if you manage to survive a straight hour of tanks.

• Like 1

I've played on servers where you can buy hordes of uncommon infected. Trust me, it doesn't work, they are waaaay overpowered.

As for the tank problem: I don't really have any problems with it (it heightens the rush you get while playing for me) but maybe a system can be implemented where after 5 tanks, the next 2 tanks you buy are 60 points, the next 2 are 70 points and so on? No idea if something like that is codeable though.

Also instead of buying chargers, spitters etc., i'm not against just raising the limit level on a random infected. (so that would be: 10 points for raising spawn limit on random infected). Could bring some more variety in the games and force ppl to think of other ways to use the infected.

I'd leave the witch spawning system as it is. It could get overpowered if you can buy a group of witches that automatically spawns together. You want a witch minefield, just coördinate with your team.

There are just ideas, i don't really have a problem with any of the mechanics right now.

That sounds good. IT happened again on death toll. The infected just bought tanks over and over until the survivors were over run finally, 40+ minutes later. It really needs some kind of limit.

Same with fireworks crates, they are being abused and used by.....very good players all the time. Can the price be raised on fireworks (5-8 points?)? They otherwise become more powerful than a molotov/gas can and cost less (i believe).

If you let tanks steam roll you because your team refuses to focus on the tanks then it's your fault what happens next. Your team needs to handle that tank quickly and efficiently to prevent them from multiplying. Nearly all the games I've played, the team ignores the tank unless it rushes them. Very few teams actually chase the tank.

Fireworks price is fine because they lack the benefits of molo such as long range, accuracy and modular ( easy to switch out moly to shoot or heal, you have to hold fireworks the whole time). Not to mention, some people have a bad habit of taking/shooting crates that don't belong them. The server isn't supposed to spoon feed people that can't take real world versus.

• Like 1

maybe a system can be implemented where after 5 tanks, the next 2 tanks you buy are 60 points, the next 2 are 70 points and so on? No idea if something like that is codeable though.

Definitely codeable, we already have a counter for # of respawns used

The fireworks are infinitely more usable than a molly - my opinion. Mollys are usable the instant you toss them. Fireworks you can plant and time... either lead the tank near a fireworks box, or toss it in the path of the tank, and shoot it only when the tank is guaranteed to get lit up. With a molly, it requires a LOT more skill to target, and tanks can much more easily dodge a molly spread.

True, but I was merely illustrating why the fireworks should cost more, since those are the preferred Survivor method of dealing with hordes and tanks.

It's too easy to hide Spitter spit in a molly flame footprint. The fireworks don't obscure nearly as much actual ground from view.

I agree that the fireworks should cost the Survivors more, but not egregiously so.

Fireworks price is fine because they lack the benefits of molo such as long range, accuracy and modular ( easy to switch out moly to shoot or heal, you have to hold fireworks the whole time). Not to mention, some people have a bad habit of taking/shooting crates that don't belong them. The server isn't supposed to spoon feed people that can't take real world versus.

I feel that the price for fireworks is fine as well. They were 2 points, but are now 3. Parox stated what I was going to say too. Molotovs cost more because you get the luxury of having a controlled fire source. I've been known to Brett Favre (highlight the name for the meaning) molotovs like no one's business.

I could always increase the Tank HP, but a Tank that knows what it's doing can still manage to take down 10 Survivors with the stock 4v4 Tank HP.

The main problem is that some of the maps aren't 10v10 friendly toward infected. I had to make Swamp Fever have a ton more trees. You won't see that in any other 8+ versus servers. I added that extra car in the finale level too.

so no go on any fireworks increase? 9/10 times i see fireworks crates used, people don't bother with molotovs....really ever towards tanks unless they pick it up.

but what were you saying jackie about limiting the number purchased per map? Is that likely to happen?