Insane LAN, beating D3 on normal

GeneWildest

Hi guys... I'm not much of a forum poster (occasional lurker...) but I thought I'd come on to gloat and then hide in shame... One of my buddies at work has been obsessing over Diablo 3 for several months, and even planned a LAN party for this weekend. We got a group of 4 of us to plan in advance and just block out last night exclusively for Diablo 3. Anyway, we did it old-school style and got the 4 of us in a room with 4 pizzas and a couple cases of Mountain Dew. We all started brand new characters, and beat the game in essentially one sitting. We took two breaks when the servers went down for maintenance, but we basically beat the game in one 12-hour session. Then I came home and crashed for about 4 hours... Anyway, it was a load of fun, but I don't think I've ever played a video game for that long without stopping before!

Anyone else do any marathon sessions? I know we weren't the first ones to beat the game... I saw reports of people having beaten the game while I was at work the day after launch before I had even logged in... I'm not so hardcore that I skipped work, but I did kind of act like a kid again, at least for 12 hours this weekend!

My first play through was around 20ish hours I think. When I play I check every little bit of the map. Some people I play with seem to want to just run from objective to objective. You miss a lot of stuff that way.

Once you beat the game, you've beat the game. The other difficulties are just there to get more loot to get your character more levelled up. If you followed along the entire story through Normal, the only point of the game (as it was in D2 for me and my friends) is to literally RUN through quests and get to boss fights for gear drops. The auction house is now changing things in I'll most likely be buying gear, and I'll have to farm gold to do so.