New Achievements

paroxysm

(edited)

I had an idea to create and use new achievements that promote teamwork such as :

Survivors :

• If you pick up a surv and heal him w/ a kit within a few seconds, you get extra points
  • If you shove a boomer that is later killed and noone gets biled, you get extra points.
  • If you shoot a boomer that biles survivors, you get negative points proportional to survivors biled or that boomer gets extra points. - Should promote proper boomer handling.
  • Healing a black n white survivor gives you extra points

Infected :

• Death charging a smoked/jockied survivor extra points for both the smoker and charger
  • Spit that hits pinned survivors tick for a higher point rate or get an achievement after certain accumulated damage.
  • High pouncing a survivor who had a charger release him or a jockied/smoked survivor gets a bonus
  • Hunters that high pounce a survivor picking up or healing another survivor get points.
  • Chargers that charge '' '' '' ''...
  • Jockies that lunge '' '' '' ''...
  • Smokers that pull '' '' '' ''...
  • Chain high pouncing a specific survivor gives extra points.
  • Jockies/Smokers that cause ledge grabs get points
  • For any SI that interrupt a revive by clawing a survivor being picked up get points, perhaps put this on a cool-down so that it can't be spammed by say, a bunch of spitters that are interval spitting.

While I know a lot these will/can be tough to implement( at least Jackie won't get bored), I believe it will serve it's purpose w/o straying from the simplicity that we've come to enjoy about this server( i.e. no SI abilities are modified) By implementing these as achievements, it them from being repeatedly farmed in the same round. All criticism/praise is welcome.

Edited by paroxysm

(edited)

Most of these seem brilliant. Have a couple of remarks though:

• If you pick up a surv and heal him w/ a kit within a few seconds, you get extra points. There is already a bonus for healing other ppl, don't really know why an extra bonus should be needed, because you tend to heal a downed person instantly all the time.

• If you shove a boomer that is later killed and noone gets biled, you get extra points. I suppose this counts for killing rocket boomers whilst still in the air as well. Fine by me, but it can't be a big bonus, or you will punish the players stuck with 'bad' teammates.

• Chain high pouncing a specific survivor gives extra points. This only happens with incaps, in which case it's pretty easy to land a pounce and the point bonus is pretty high already
  • Healing a black n white survivor gives you extra points. Genius

• Spit that hits pinned survivors tick for a higher point rate or get an achievement after certain accumulated damage. Spit and charge is already a powerful combo, wouldn't change the damage pct on that.

• For any SI that interrupt a revive by clawing a survivor being picked up get points, perhaps put this on a cool-down so that it can't be spammed by say, a bunch of spitters that are interval spitting. Spit doesn't interrupt getting picked up, so that wouldn't be a problem right?

The suggestions i didn't comment on, i agree with completely, as long as it consists of small bonuses (which make a big difference in the end for good teamwork players). Nice work Paro!

Own suggestion: point penalty for ppl who heal themselves (like -3 or sumthing), unless they are B&W. They cannot have less than 0 points however.

Edited by TheDude

I feel like the reward for these sorts of 'teamwork' related actions is already there, if you work as a team and do this sort of stuff you're more likely to win... don't really need an additional incentive for teamwork in the form of points

(edited)

The incentive of winning by doing these things has always been there but obviously hasn't been working. As for the chain hunting, the victim has to be not incapacitated.

The purpose of the chain hunters is to incapacitate him or severely weaken him. I meant interval spitters who spit, then drop and die or suicide on survivors, they may opt to claw the survivor before dying.

Healing the survivor after pickup window has to be really small such that if you want the points, you have to pick up and heal him right away.

Edited by paroxysm