Austin? Austin, Massachusetts?

mohawk

we've got a party of 8 dudes heading down to Austin this weekend for a bachelor party.. staying outside the city at a place called Barton Creek, but we plan on heading downtown to check out the city..

these forums have proven to be a good resource in the past when exploring a new city - Go.

Well there is a mall in Barton Creek and sadly even though i live an hour from Austin i have not been there in almost 10 years.

But if you are looking for a party 6th street downtown is where all the bars and people are at during the nights.

(edited)

rumor has it we're renting a pontoon boat to check out lake travis, or lake george. I think one of them was off limits due to the drought.

Well i have never head of lake George so it might be that one, and the lakes here are usually under level all the time because for some reason it never seems to rain here.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/lake-travis-levels-drop

And apparently Lake Travis only has one ramp open now so that's not good either. :sleep:

Edited by TheLaw

boat rentals are usually already docked in the water, so the ramp isn't a big issue. if availability is, try canyon lake. it's closer to san antonio, but you can hop on 281 or 35 and be there in about an hour.

you guys need a driver?