Unfairly banned for rushing

hoojee15

At Aug 10th 12:54am I was banned in blood harvest map by lookback.gc for rushing. He thought several people were incapped behind and I ran into saferoom. But the situation is that I was close to the saferoom (on the railway bridge), and I WAS OUT OF AMMO so I went into saferoom to get some ammo, and in saferoom spent a few seconds to kill a charger attacking one teammate already inside saferoom, and got banned by lookback.gc when I was running back to rescue the others, the position I got banned and disconnected from server was on the mid of railway bridge, NOT IN THE SAFEROOM. I got no warning before a ban. (maybe lookback said something on mic, but I did not hear it clearly since I was also fighting)

I think it is an unfair ban. I was OUT OF AMMO otherwise I would not go into saferoom, and I did not idle in saferoom, I killed a charger, saved a teammate who was already in saferoom for a while, got ammo and then ran back. I did nothing wrong. Perhaps if I just had used points to buy ammo then there would be no problem, but why use points when saferoom is in sight? Lookback.gc, I hope you to admit that this is an unfair ban and say sorry to me.

Edited by hoojee15

You were at the far end of the bridge, for at least 2 minutes, while the rest of the team had not even made it past the last house in map 3 of Blood Harvest. You were also asked to come back a few times and not just by me. There was 1 other with you, but I could not see his name.

This is textbook rushing.

(edited)

You were at the far end of the bridge, for at least 2 minutes, while the rest of the team had not even made it past the last house in map 3 of Blood Harvest. You were also asked to come back a few times and not just by me. There was 1 other with you, but I could not see his name.

This is textbook rushing.

I was at the far end of the bridge for at least 2 minutes? You are lying. Do you have a clock that count my time spent there? And how can I go back after I jump down from the window of the house? I told you I was out of ammo, what can I do without ammo? I ran out of ammo, went to saferoom to re-arm, killed a few infected I found there and ran back. What do you want me to do otherwise? Stay at the near side of the bridge with a shotgun with less than 10 bullets and a pistol and with all incapped teammates not in my sight, instead of running back and getting ammo? And why would I rush? As long as you jump down you are safe in that map, why would I go to saferoom and stay there if I have enough ammo? And there was one another with me? The only time I saw him was when I got into the saferoom and saw he got charged and I used pistol to save him. He is the one that truly stayed in saferoom and never came out. I know you can track everything happened in this server, check my position when kicked, see if it is inside saferoom. You just ban people from your impression. In my past games I often ran into saferoom to heal and get ammo, then went back to help others, I never got banned for that, you are the first one to do so.

Edited by hoojee15

You stayed at or near the safe room for a considerable amount of time, period - the time it took to kill a couple of tanks and then some. This despite the fact that the rest of your team, with the exception of the 1 guy with you. The rest of the team HAD NOT EVEN DROPPED OUT OF THE HOUSE and we still had people outside the front door of the house.

Interesting that you are now saying that you told me you were out of ammo, while in your first post, you may have heard me say something about rushing...

I have banned ~4 people since I started as an admin 2 days ago, only 1 for more than 15 minutes and that was for language in the console, so I have no idea where you impression is coming from.

Edited by Lookback

This was a 15 minute ban. Or a 15 minute "timeout" if you will. He thought you were rushing, he put you in timeout.

I seriously urge people to please check out the sourcebans website before coming here. It's not like he perma banned you, or even for an hour. Which you would of known if you would of just went here http://www.gamrs.co/l4d/sourcebans/index.php

It's in the sticked "Think you've been banned? Check Here." thread. Just think many people wouldnt get so upset over the small stuff. Please just enjoy playing again.

The aggressive attitude in your first post doesn't help your case. Just state the facts, and if it seems unfair it should be quite obvious. Please be understanding of how hectic things are in the server sometimes. Maybe lookback was a bit rash in this case, but it's easier for everything to be sorted out if we all keep level heads.

GC Coalition Member
(edited)

The aggressive attitude in your first post doesn't help your case. Just state the facts, and if it seems unfair it should be quite obvious. Please be understanding of how hectic things are in the server sometimes. Maybe lookback was a bit rash in this case, but it's easier for everything to be sorted out if we all keep level heads.

i dont want to interfer in your "dispute" but sometimes the admins are a little iritate.. It could happen that something went wrong for him in real life, then his tolerance is realy low. (is and example!)

Like always, i dont give names of admins that do that, but i saw plenty :).

Edited by Codrut