Microsoft Office Transfer

walkingCat

Need help, how can I transfer Microsoft Office from one PC to another? Where should I look to find a product key or something like it?

I searched online and spoke to friends, so far the best recommendation is just call to Microsoft ask them. There is a problem, I bought my laptop a long time ago from my friend, however he doesn't remember anything. He bought several licenses at that time along with windows 7.

Use this, Anti-Virus software usually deletes it on sight to either disable it or add it to the exclude list.

You'll also need to know what type of licensing Office was purchased with. If it was pre-loaded at the factory or purchased as a Medialess Licence Kit(MLK) you can download it again. If it was purchased retail you'll need to find a retail CD/DVD to reinstall it.

Office 2010 MLK Download

Office 2007 MLK Download

EDIT: If you want your autocomplete file - the one that when you start typing in an email address it automatically fills in the rest - you'll need your .nk2 file. It can live in various places depending on the version of Office and the version of Windows.

Edited by amertrash
  • Like 1