SCUMM-style games

mookie

I've seen several SCUMM-style games (think Monkey Island) on Steam when looking through the various deals this weekend (especially Indie games on sale) and clicking through to other games. Are many of these games good? Do they play similarly to old SCUMM games? The quality of these (in terms of story and challenge/puzzle) is almost impossible to guess from screenshots and videos.

Well you can always pick up the old Indiana Jones, Loom, The Dig, Monkey Island 1&2 on steam if you want actual SCUMM games. I don't have a bunch of the old school style indie adventures but I can tell you that The Whispered World, Gemini Rue and Alternativia are 3 great recent indie adventures that I have played, not exactly old Lucasarts but they are worth playing. And of course if you just want a great adventure game grab The Longest Journey which is less than $5 now. There are a couple that I plan on grabbing during the steam sale, Resonance and thinking about Captain Brawe and this Deponia game that just came out.

Edited by BusterMcKnukles