GC MC Updates

Flitterkill

1) CoreProtect is out. It's a passive mod and requires people to interact with it to roll back stuff. Not prevent. So...

2) Welcome Grief Prevention. This is 15 minutes long but worth every minute. Land claims with full protection, can allow others to mod stuff on your property, land not claimed can be repaired with no need for world logs, stuff not land claimed still gets grief protection... Watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RWekSeMi1OE

Short user explanation of commands, etc.

http://dev.bukkit.or...rld-protection/

Configuration - read and discuss, if something needs to changed from default post up.

http://dev.bukkit.or...trative-topics/

When you join the server this mod will create a user file on you. That will need to be manually updated for regs to give them a ton of space to claim land (might be a command in game for ops to do that as well). Otherwise time on server grants more claimable land. Idle won't do it - active time on server.

3) Tried giving you all backpacks. Not working with the bleeding build of Bukkit. Later...

4) Giant Caves. The underground got cooler.

5) There is also a real ultra small player logger running that records chat and block place/destroy just so we have something to reference for banning for the dicks of the world who still make a mess for us to clean up.

BTW, the land claims you make with Grief Protection? There's a DynMap mod for that. Should (I think) be able to configure that to display on on certain zoom levels. Right now, you can see the claim no matter what zoom level you are at.

Quick break down of some admin commands:

/adminclaims and /basicclaims

These switch between the normal(basic) and administrative claims modes

/ignoreclaims

Lets admins modify other users's claims, it's a toggle so type it again to turn it off.

/adjustbonusclaimblocks <player> <amount>

Adjust a player's number of claim blocks

/claimslist

List everyone's claims and their sizes

/restorenature

Used with the golden shovel to restore unclaimed land to it's 'natural' state. Won't effect claimed land.

/restorenaturefill <radius>

Used the same as above but with fill radius to cover a larger area.

/restorenatureaggressive

Same as the first but will effect more block types, try last.

/deathblow

Kills a player and drops their inventory to collect it before banning

Settings:

Lava/Water buckets can not be used on above ground unclaimed land, I'm fine with this.

BlockSurfaceExplosions: true

This prevent creepers from do any damage to the surface anywhere above ground. It also blocks TNT from being detonated above ground level anywhere including on your own claims. If I had to vote, I'd vote to turn this off myself as not being able to use my copious amounts of TNT for demo work is more annoying than creepers.

EndermenMoveBlocks: false

Stops Enders from moving blocks - I'm fine with this off as it means enders won't randomly steal blocks from the pathways/fields.

CreaturesTrampleCrops: false

Stops aggressive/passive mobs from trampling crops, indifferent here as I keep my fields roped off.

FireSpreads: false

FireDestroys: false

I'd turn these on, I use fires to clear out forests regularly plus fire == fun. Even with both on claims are still protected.

RemoveFloatingTreetops: true

RegrowGriefedTrees: true

These delete trees that people haven't finished chopping down and automatically plants a sapling, fine with this.

Edited by amertrash

I'm going to agree with Amer on the subject of dynamite, being creeper proof is great but it would be nice to be able to use it to clear large areas of blocks. I don't think dynamite will be an issue now that people won't have access to other player's chests, it takes some time to get together all of that gunpowder with no weapons or armor.

GC Alumni
(edited)

I'm looking at the config.yml file right now for the plugin... hold on.

Went ahead and changed this line:

BlockSurfaceOtherExplosions: false

There was another config option called 'BlockSurfaceCreeperExplosions', which is set to true. So you still shouldn't need to worry about creepers. Of course, anything inside of a player claim will still be protected from TNT.

Edited by Biggs