When is ok to rush? and not get banned?

paintball

lfd2 vs server STEAM_0:0:37942 9-12-13 2:30 pm

Everyone was down and I was the last one left standing with a tank hot on my tail. We were down on points and knew if I stayed to heal someone the round would be over. So I figured I'd make a run for it? Everyone knows that I try help the team as much as I can.

So, When is it ok to rush? Never? Fight to the end no matter what?

Ive heard conficting rules on voice.

Your clarification is greatly appreciated.

I'm of the personal mentality that you fight, win, and die as a team. That being said, I don't fault you for pushing forward as the last member up and I agree that trying to heal somebody would have meant death. I've seen several admins do this same thing when it gets down to the last two or three survivors.

Anyway, looks like Zero banned you, so let's get his input also. Plus, the ban was for an hour so it should be up by now.

• Like 1

Paintball. The game was still in play. Players were still up or capable of being helped up, and you were half a map away. I don't have a problem with rushing as a tactic. Other teams members were complaining they had a rusher and you weren't even a main. I found the rusher and asked the other two admins on your team if they wanted their rusher kicked and they said yes, so I did. I only put the ban up for an hour so you can probably get back in now if you wish. The protocol we have always used for rushing is to ask the rest of the team if you should rush and with their blessing go ahead and do so. When anyone rushes without the teams blessing (because it causes all kinds of problems) it will get you temporarily kicked. I hope this clears things up. If you feel it's time to rush in the future, please run it by your team first.

Edited by zero0
  • Like 1