Server?

Guest sLaYEr

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

I've been a part of this community for about 1 year now. I find myself playing less here, previously because of my problems with athourity, and now because of custom maps. I remember when the regulars could help run the server, in terms of what maps were next, and determining who was causing trouble.

Now I see regulars getting banned for stating their opinions. Whether agreement with Mmmm or not, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. This country is based on the rights of the people, along with freedom to choose. We all have the right to choose what server we play on, but we chose this one, because we liked playing with the people here. What good is a server without people to play on it ?

I know how hard it is to run a server, and I know how hard it is to keep one full. I've been there. But frankly, Mmmm need the people to occupy their server, and the people need Mmmm to supply the server. Why would you ban a handful of regulars for saying they hate custom maps ? Why wouldn't you listen to them, and try to play the maps they want to play? Why wouldn't you take into consideration the opinions of the people who make your server a great place to play? Yes, a change is good, but how can a change be fun if nobody remembers what its like to play seriously?

I'm not choosing sides here, and I don't want to start another flame. I'm just trying to say that everybody makes mistakes. How did Talent go wrong in talking to gunman ? Because he said a curse word? Well aim is a free chat program, and isn't sponsered by Mmmm in anyway, so he can say what he wants. I just can't believe you ban him permanately for complaining about custom maps, but ok, thats cool. I think badboy might have approached it the wrong way, but I have no problems with zx2 and will stand up for them all the way. I've been friends with killer for a while now, and teknik will always be a friend because of all the fun we had back in the days of the S-T server. I just can't believe you'd ban long time regulars of your server for standing up for what they believe in.

At the same time, Mmmm is just trying to run their server, and you should thank them for the service they provide. It's hard running a server. But, when you play a different map on every change, that require downloading, people get tired of it, and get frustrated.

Everybody make up, be friends again, relax, and have fun. Make the community a good place to play again, and both sides compromise.

Everybody make up, be friends again, relax, and have fun. Make the community a good place to play again, and both sides compromise.

Agreed.

People were not banned because they don't like custom maps.

I'm not going to go into it, but some things needed to give and they did. I'm not sure that anyone is happy with how things turned out. Mmmm values the community and its members, and we're taking a self breather to figure where all the chips fell. Slayer, it's good to have you share your thoughts, and it shows you care. It is appreciated.

Good news:

Word is we have a new server, coming up tonight possibly.

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

Well, I decided to take a semi-neutral approach, unlike my usual biased sided self. I just hate to see a server/community that used to be so strong starting to die. And I know that they didn't get banned because they hate custom maps, but because of the approach they took to speaking out against them.

This community used to be bustling with good players, but now it seems the good players have either gotten this arrogance to them, just like DJ said. Everybody just needs to relax a little bit, and realize that its a game... err, sport. Its designed for fun, but has adapted into serious play. But, a pub server is made for fun, where as CAL is made for the serious play. So, relax, and have fun.

Is the server dying? It seems to me that it is just evolving. People are getting tired of some of the things that are going on in the server. I am new to this place, and I play very limited amounts of time on Trop. I get annoyed at a lot of the things people do, but I don't get tinkled, I just get out of the server, come to the boards and chill out.

Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guest sLaYEr
Guests

Well rooster, its a matter of opinion, in my opinion Mmmm server was in its prime during the Platinum days.

Well rooster, its a matter of opinion, in my opinion Mmmm server was in its prime during the Platinum days.

You are 100% right. I guess I am coming from an entirely different POV since I wasn't here. That's probably another reason for the evolution of the server. New people in the community can sometimes be used to deifferent things, thereby shifting the usual paradigm and sometimes bringing about irregularities which lead to change.

Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guests

The best days were when Delta was down for like a week and we all piled on to Mantice, o man that was fun.